Oreo
Joshua & Amy had a yard sale about a month ago, and offered to come and pick some stuff up from our house and sell it in their sale. So we went through the house & garage looking for things to sell and after we got the stuff from the garage and "locked" the gate we realized that we had left a socket wrench case in front of the garage that we were planning on keeping. Well, it stayed there for a while until I got around to grabbing it a couple of weeks later.
My dad had been asking me to go grab the sockets case so we could take the beds apart. So one day, while Joy was at the dentist, my dad and I went to the house to get some of our stuff and get the socket wrenches. (Just in case, you didn't know we have a dalmation and mutt in our backyard, so it's not very easy to just run in the backyard and grab something from the garage.) Our fence is "locked" with a leash. :)

The lock came off, so we tie the leash around the gate real tight and it stays shut. Well, I knew that if I opened the gate our dalmation, Oreo, would make a run for it and I wouldn't be able to catch her until she was done running away. So, I unhooked the leash from the gate and hooked it to Oreo and opened the gate. Our mutt, Goofer and Oreo both started running away, but I had Oreo on the leash, so she couldn't get very far or so I thought. Since I needed to go the opposite way than they were going, I pulled on the leash to have Oreo come the way I wanted her to come. Well, she whipped her neck around and slipped right out of her collar and took off running down the street. :) Goofer is really good about coming right back, cause she just loves the attention. So I called her back and went to put her in the utility room, while I went to try and chase Oreo. When I went into the house, I went to close the utility room door and there was a 50lb. bag of dog food in front of it, so I pushed it out of the way and ended up spilling the bag onto the floor in the kitchen. I just left it, cause I had to get Oreo so that she wouldn't get too far.
So, I ran outside and Oreo was about 3 houses down, running up to people's fences that had dogs out, so that she could aggravate them. I was calling for her, my dad was at the screen door calling for her, but she didn't really care. Then she went across the street, to a house that some people were outside and walked to their front yard and peed. I told them I was really sorry, and they were fine with it.
Then...she went to our neighbor across the street who is very meticulous about his yard. His grass is cut perfectly, has no sticks or debris in it, it's perfect. So, I'm sure you've guessed what I'm going to say next. Oreo ran to this guy's yard, and started pooping on his perfect grass. I didn't want to step on the grass, so I stood on the sidewalk screaming, "STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!" and waving my hands at her. But of course, you can't stop a pooping dog. :) So she continued going and I went to grab her off of his yard and she stopped herself and took off running again. (My dad's still standing at the screen door waiting for her to come home) I yelled across the street to my dad, "Grab a plastic bag!" Then, the man came out of his house and glared at me. I said, "I'll be right back with a plastic bag in just a moment." Then, I went to go try and grab her again. By this time she had gone back down a couple of houses to the house she had peed at and went up on the porch and was licking and sitting with the people on the porch. I told them to please hang on to her, so I could come grab her. They said they would, but that it was really hard, cause she was squirming.
I got to their porch, and didn't have anything with me to put on her to bring her back home. (ex. collar, leash, harness, rope, etc...) So, yes, you guessed it, I had to pick her up. Now, this is a full grown 9 year old dog, so she weighs around about 60lbs or more. Thankfully, I was only across the street, cause I would not have been able to carry her much more than I had to. It was pretty tough, she's so heavy, she was licking my face and I was being crushed and couldn't hardly breathe. I almost dropped her, but I knew if her foot touched the ground, she would figure out a way to take back off again. So, Dad opened up the front door and I put her in the house, and he gave me the plastic bag.

I went across the street to go pick up the poop. I was afraid to even kneel on the guys grass, cause I didn't want to mess it up even more, but of course she didn't poop right at the edge of his grass, it was in the middle. Well, I started picking it up with the plastic bag, and let me just say, she's a big dog, so there was a lot, and it was FRESH. It was awful to try and put in a plastic bag. I was gagging and trying not to throw up, cause I knew that if I threw up, I would have to try and clean that up too. I got about 3/4's of it in the plastic bag and he was just walking up to the front of his house with a hose to spray it down. I told him I would be right back with another bag and finish cleaning it up. I walked home to throw the bag away and was gagging the whole way. I ran in the house to ask my dad for another bag and he was like, "Get this dog into the utility room!" (I guess she had been running through the house and he couldn't catch her.) I grabbed another bag and went back to finish up the cleanup. I finished, but it wasn't a very good job, cause it was sticking to the grass. He stood there and waited for me to get done, and I said, "I am so so sorry that she did this." He told me that he appreciated that I at least came back and cleaned it up, cause others in the neighborhood would not have done that. Right after I stepped off his lawn, he started spraying it down to get it completely out of his grass.
As I was walking home with the 2nd bag, I looked down at my hand and I had it on my hands too. I also had dog hair all over my clothes. I was planning on going to the apartment and painting in those clothes, but I ended up having to change, because the hair would have found someway to get in the paint. Plus, I'm allergic to shedding dogs, so I would have been a mess, if I had kept those clothes on and they also stunk. I was so mad at Oreo.
When I picked Joy up from the dentist, I told her what happened and she felt really bad. She is usually the one that has to deal with the dogs.
A few days later, I found out that the socket wrench case wasn't even the socket wrench case. It was a glue gun or something else. So basically the case I opened the gate for, wasn't even what we were looking for. :P
Now, that it's over I wish in a way it was being recorded, because it would have been hilarious to watch.

1 Comments:
haha poor sher! I know how you feel! WOW..what a day!
Post a Comment
<< Home