My Life

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

23 August, 2005

My nephew :)



My sister & I were watching 3 of our nieces and 1 nephew this weekend. On Saturday, we were at our house when my dad was taking his medication and his insulin shot. My nephew was asking my dad a whole bunch of questions about his meds & shot. So my dad proceeded to explain to him the reason why he takes the medication & shot.

On Sunday, my dad had to go home early because he wasn't feeling well. After church my nephew realized that he was gone and asked me, "Where's Papa?" I told him that he had to go home early because he wasn't feeling good. He said, "Did Papa take his insulin shot this morning?" I told him I was pretty sure that he would have taken it, but since we were staying at my brother & sister-in-law's house, I didn't know if he had taken it or not. He said, "Well, Papa told me that he has to take his insulin at the right time or else he will be sick, so maybe Papa didn't take his insulin at the right time." I tried not to crack up, because here he listened so intently to my dad and remembered what he had told him. Even though my dad was not feeling good because his legs were bothering him, not his sugar level. :)

It's so awesome to see & hear the things that kids learn from what you've told them. They have such great memories. It may not come out right away, but when you least expect it, they remind you. Whether it be to remind you that what you're doing is wrong, or how to do something the correct way, kids are so fun. :) Although if they're correcting you, it's not very fun anymore.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home