My Life

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

03 November, 2005

My good day!!!

For those of you wondering, I am doing MUCH better than I was on my frustrating day that I had last Monday.

Actually, my day has been brightened a lot today, because I got to talk to Jackie on the phone today at work. I couldn't believe it, I was so surprised. With all of the things going on in Iraq, I was wondering how he was doing and if he had been involved. Thank the Lord, he wasn't involved in the most recent events. We've been able to email him while he's been gone and then every once in awhile we're able to get on instant messaging and talk to him that way. We did get to see a webcam picture of him for a few minutes about a month ago on instant messaging. But as far as hearing his voice we (my Dad, Joy & I) haven't heard from him since he first got to Kuwait at the end of August. With the time change (he's 8 hours ahead of us), it's hard for him to be able to call us and Kari. So he usually calls Kari, which is what we would prefer him to do.

But, it was just like we needed to hear his voice and out of the blue we were able to. I think I'm still in shock right now. I don't know whether to cry or jump up and down. :)

So Jackie, if you read this... Thanks for calling us. I love you and can't wait to see you when you come home. I'm proud of you and am glad you are willing and able to serve our country. I'm also thanking the Lord for providing us what we needed at a time that we least expected it and didn't realize how much we needed it.

Jackie's supposed to be coming home sometime around the beginning of March. Of course, that date can change at anytime. But he says they're trying to make sure they will be able to come home around March.

Well, that's it for right now. To all the blog stalkers out there, thanks for your patience in waiting for this update. (I know how it is to check a blog, only to see that the same thing is still on there day after day after day) :) Hope I've made it worth the wait. Thanks for keeping me on my toes. Not that anyone has said anything this time, but I feel guilty everytime I look at someone else's blog and see that they have updated. Maybe sometime I'll have some more pictures to post. I will try to be more diligent in updating. We wouldn't want you all to get bored with checking my blog and never seeing an update. :)

1 Comments:

At November 07, 2005, Blogger Kari said...

Sher, I am so glad that he called you guys! I know you all miss him just as much as I do. I love you! Glad he could make you smile!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home