My Life

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

24 October, 2005

Long Morning :)


This morning, Joy and I were supposed to be at work at 7:30. We normally leave our house anywhere from 7 - 7:15. This morning we left at around 7:05 or 7:10. It takes us about 15 minutes normally to get to work. This morning, I was driving down Southfield North and the traffic was running pretty smoothly until just before the Rotunda exit. We thought maybe there were just a lot of people who needed to be at work at 7:30, so we just got in the rush of traffic. It ended up taking us a total of 45 minutes to get to work this morning. There were police barricading Southfield and redirecting the traffic to all get off on Michigan Ave. Well, all the people who were on the exit planning on going onto Michigan Ave. had to get off on Michigan Ave. East, which is a different route than we normally take so we had to do a turn around, not fun. :( (We found out that someone had gotten onto Southfield the wrong way and caused a bad accident. Three people had to be airlifted to the hospital.)

Whenever Joy & I open in the morning, I normally will start the coffee while Joy does her running around getting other things going for the morning. Well, this morning was no different besides the delay in getting to work. I had made 2 pots of coffee, and was on my 3rd. I went to switch the 2nd pot for the third, and when I pulled the pot out, it hit the coffee filter container and the coffee grounds fell on the countertop, floor and my clothes. :) So long story short, my left side of my clothes are dirty looking. My pants look like a dog with dirty paws jumped on them, and then the bottom of my shirt looks as though I rolled in the dirt and didn't care to change before I went to work. :)

Then I went to my desk, turned on my laptop, and I got an error message saying that some program was either not installed or corrupted and that it needed a setup disk to repair the problem. So I tried to restart my computer but the same thing kept coming up. So I called our computer guys, but they weren't in the office when I called so I waited for about an hour or so and tried again. I finally was able to reach them and they told me to restart my computer and of course when he tells me to restart my computer, my computer magically starts working again. So he had me run through some tests to make sure that my computer was fine and it was, thankfully.

Next, I went to mail out some checks. I had about a stack of 10-15 envelopes. We have a machine at work that seals and stamps the envelopes. So I ran all but one of the envelopes through and just before I ran the last one, I picked up one of the envelopes and realized that none of them had been sealed, so they had to be put through again. Thankfully, it has a function on it that allows you to just seal the envelope without having to stamp it again.

Then, I was trying to print some things for my dad and it was a 2-sided document. I put one through the printer to see how the printer would print it out and then tried to do the opposite side and it ended up printing on the same side as what I just printed on, so that had to be thrown away. So I thought I had figured out what I had done wrong and I put 2 sheets in and tried again. Yes, you guessed it, I messed up both sheets once again. So now I'm out of the paper that my dad gave me, so I'll have to try again another time.

Needless to say, after most of this happened I was ready to go home and go back to bed and try and start the day over again. :) But I couldn't so I'm here at work with "dirty" clothes on and am feeling somewhat better than this morning although the day isn't running the smoothest, but nothing as bad as getting fired or anything like that. :)

Hope you're having a better day than I am. I hope none of this rubs off on any of you after you read this. :) (I was talking to my sister-in-law and while on the phone with her after I told her about my day, she dropped a basket of knick-knacks.) :)

Guess what? I was just trying to upload this on my blog site and guess what happened? Yes, you guessed it, it didn't want to load, so here goes try number 2. :)

But at least I can still smile and have something to chuckle about. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home