Thanksgiving and stuff
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
We had a great Thanksgiving. Even though the weather was a bit frigid, we still had a good time. Jacob & Jennifer and their family went to Iowa for Thanksgiving, so they called us in the morning to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving and to tell us sorry that we wouldn't be able to have Josie to spend Thanksgiving with. :( We had the Badillo's over for Thanksgiving lunch. All the food turned out good and we had a nice time of fellowshipping with each other. After lunch we sat around and played Scattergories. Cassie beat everyone, but we still had fun. :) Then just before the Badillo girls were about to leave, my phone rang and can you guess who was calling us???? Yes, I'm sure you guessed correctly...it was Jackie calling from Iraq. That was pretty awesome to hear from him. My phone has speakerphone on it, so we were all able to hear him at the same time. He couldn't talk very long, because he was tired and it was 11:30pm his time. But nevertheless, it was great hearing from him.
Then around 4 , we went to Joshua & Amy's house to celebrate with the family. Scott, Susan & Lauren drove in from SC to visit so they came and visited. It was so good seeing them again. Lauren is getting so big. Jason & Liz and Shane & Holly were all there too. Amy's family came and so did the Pauli's. It was pretty crazy for a little while, but it was good to be together.
This weekend was very busy, but good. I, for one wasn't ready to go back to work after hte nice long weekend, but I am thankful for the nice long weekend and the time we were able to spend with family & friends.
I can't believe that Christmas is coming up so fast. It will be good to get together again for Christmas. We're celebrating it on the 23rd, since Christmas falls on a Sunday this year. I'm pretty excited that we get the Monday & Tuesday after Christmas off, so that will be nice. Then we only work on Wednesday & Thursday and then we have off Friday & Monday for New Year's. I'm pretty excited. This year has flown by so fast. I guess like the saying goes...Time flies when you're having fun. It even applies when you're not having fun. :)
My dad was able to talk to his sister Linda in China on Friday. She got on instant messaging and they put their webcams on and were able to see each other. She's doing well and loving being in China.

1 Comments:
I am glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving, I'm sorry I couldn't be there!
Love ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home