My Life

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

09 February, 2006

My Wednesday Morning :)

Tuesday night, my Dad told me that "The Friends" group was getting together for breakfast on Wed. morning and asked if Joy & I could wake him up before we left, so that he would be able to go. On Wed. morning, after I got ready for work, I woke him up, then threw my tennis shoes on and ran outside to feed our dogs. Since it's been so cold out, we have to bring out a jug of warm water for the dogs, so that it doesn't freeze right away and they can have water. While I was outside I figured I might as well start my car and get it somewhat warmed up before we left. So after feeding our dogs, I started my car and thought that I would make sure my Dad's car was scraped off and didn't have snow all over it, since he doesn't have a scraper in his car. I still had some water left from the jug for the dogs, so I took that and figured I would melt some of the ice of my Dad's car windows. Well, I had forgotten that he had pretty much done that the day before, so he didn't really have much snow on his car. I went around to the back of his car and his back window was full of snow. So I poured the water on it and started to go to the other side of the car. As I was walking to get up onto the curb, the next thing I knew I was laying on the ground. There was a big sheet of ice behind his car and I didn't even see it. I was so embarrased and mad at the same time. I was hoping no one saw me fall, and I was mad because I didn't want to have to change my clothes. I got up, went back in the house filled the jug up a little more, so I could finish the window and went back out and finished it, but stayed away from the sheet of ice. I checked to see if my pants were all dirty, but thankfully they just had a wet spot on them and that was it, so I didn't have to change. :) My elbow and back is sore, but as of right now I'm doing okay.

On Saturday, our church is going ice skating for a few hours. So I guess I got a practice round yesterday. Although, hopefully I won't be so sore that I won't be able to participate. What I really need is an adjustment, which I'll either get tomorrow or Sat., since he's closed today.

On the way to work yesterday after falling, I was driving on the express way and next thing I know there is a big white sheet of paper or plastic that came flying at my car. I swerved a little to the side and it just missed my car. Joy & I's hearts were racing after that one. That was a nice little waker-upper for us.

1 Comments:

At February 09, 2006, Blogger Kari said...

WOW!! sounds like you had a GREAT Wednesday!! I am so sorry that all that happened to you!! I hope you are able to go skating!!! Have fun!!! LOVE YOU

 

Post a Comment

<< Home